To preserve the social and recreational aspects of the Club, the following are the Technology Guidelines:
· The discrete use of electronic devices to send, receive, and read text messages in silent mode only, as well as taking photos, is permitted on both the North and South Courses and Course Cafes, excluding areas immediately surrounding the Clubhouse such as the putting green and 1st & 18th tees and greens.
· Use of electronic devices must be discrete and cannot impact pace of play.
· No audible messages or calls whatsoever are allowed other than to report a true medical emergency.
· Electronic devices may be used on the practice range only as an instructional tool for viewing/recording golf swings.
· Electronic devices may not be used in or around the cart barn, golf shop, starter’s gazebo, putting green or lawn.
· The use of cell phones and other electronic devices to send, receive or listen to calls or audible messages is not permitted on Club premises, except inside closed vehicles (windows up) in the parking lots, in the Professional Center designated by the Board of Directors, and in a phone booth located in the Men’s Locker Room.
· Sending or receiving graphic and/or written messages from electronic devices in silent mode is permitted only in the Locker Rooms, in a closed-door meeting at the Club for the business of the Club or a committee of the Club, in the Professional Center, and in the parking lots, provided that in all such instances such devices are used in silent mode and no sound is emitted from any such device.
• Photographs may be taken on cameras (not cell phones or tablets) in the Clubhouse and on the Club grounds if it is not disturbing to other members and guests. Staff may, at any time, decide cameras may not be permitted if it is perceived as a disruption to the member experience.
· Photographs taken on cell phones or electronic devices will be permitted during private parties held in designated reserved areas of the Clubhouse or grounds.
· Photographs taken on cell phones or electronic devices will be permitted for specific and limited Club events, and those permitted exceptions will be published on Club-issued announcements of such activities (e.g., Mother’s Day Brunch, Easter Sunday and various Christmas events).
· Audio-visual equipment may be used at approved functions.
· The use of electronic devices other than provided for above is not allowed on Club premises.
· Dissemination through social media of personal photographs or videos identifying The Los Angeles Country Club is not permitted. The publication for commercial purposes of any pictures taken anywhere on the Club’s property identifying The Los Angeles Country Club is not permitted.
· Any written references to The Los Angeles Country Club, its members, activities, and practices that are or might become accessible by the public is not permitted (e.g., hash tags, comments, posts, location check-ins, etc.).
· Members and guests of the Club may not discuss the Club’s membership, events, policies, rules, by-laws or activities using social or professional media platforms.
Please note: if the use of technology is not specifically addressed in this policy, then it is not permitted at the Club. Compliance with this policy is essential to the enjoyment and privacy of the membership. Staff will enforce our technology policy. As a reminder, members will be held responsible for the actions of their guests with regard to all policies of The Los Angeles Country Club.